Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 2: British Booty

It seems that I am adjusted to the time change now; that didn't take long. Got up around 11 AM local time and was out the door at noon. I decided last night that, since one of the greatest collections of world artifacts is found just about a mile from my hotel, I should at least stop in.

The British Museum is basically incredible. It is designed in the style of ancient Greece: lots of marble and columns and big, open spaces. It is a collection of the things the British empire collected over many centuries from mostly the far, middle and near east. Probably the most famous piece that the museum houses is the Rosetta Stone, which I of course walked right passed and only on my way out realized what it was. It is pointless to attempt to describe or detail all that is in that place; one must experience it for themselves. I did take a few pictures, however, upon returning to my hotel I realized I do not have a proper cable with which to upload the photos: I am hoping that someone with MSU will have one. I will be sure to post them when I can.

As for now, I am taking a little break before I take a walk around Regent's Park and grab a bite (I'm thinking fish & chips tonight).

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Cool. Hope you stole some sweet Byzantinian trinkets for me. Have fun, and make sure you let me know about this "beer" stuff I hear they have over there. I hear it's worth a go.

    ReplyDelete