Saturday, July 10, 2010

Catching up...

As I had anticipated, I have gotten behind on keeping this updated. Thus I should probably qualify this blog as a very incomplete and sporadic collection of my adventures in England.

First week of classes are done. They appear to be a great supplement to the sites we are visiting and the activities we engage in. Although there was a bit of down time this week, it definitely did not feel like it.

On Tuesday after class I wondered over to the Sir John Soane House Museum, more or less on a whim. If you have never heard of him before, I suggest you do a little google research. To say that his house and collection of artifact was incredible is an understatement. I will probably return to take a few photos later this month.

On Thursday we went to see Henry IV part 1 at the Globe Theatre. It was absolutely amazing; the theater is a nearly exact replica of the original theater which burned down.

Wandered the north bank of the Thames last night and found some amazing and historic pubs along the way. Beautiful area. Planning on going back tonight for some food and drink. This morning all of us went to Westminster and the Houses of Parliament. It was both strongly familiar in operations, while being completely foreign in tradition and history.

I am going to have to cut this a bit shorter than I wanted, as I am running out the door right now. I will post some more tomorrow.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment